The relationship between a coach and a client is very important.
It should be built on a high level of trust, and agreement on outcome required. To help in the establishing of this, we recommend an initial conversation that can explore topics such as
- Introductions and backgrounds
- What you understand about coaching
- Clarification of role of coach through your eyes
- In what way you might benefit from coaching
- What specific issues or problems you wish to address
- What the feeling is about a coaching relationship
- Logistics and expectations of coaching sessions
In addition to this discussion, it is important to discuss the context for the coaching.
Perhaps you could now write a few paragraphs or draw something that reflects your thoughts on these questions.